Anyone can compete to win prizes by entering this contest. Contestants can purchase a Norfolk County Popping Corn Contest Kit at participating retailers. Create your own seasoning, combine it with the popcorn, and then bring it to the Norfolk Popcorn Party.
- Spicy: Adaya Goode
- Sweet: Faith Atkins and Grace Weaver
- Savory: Brianna Smith
- Local: Amanda Kovacs
- Best Overall: Amanda Kovacs
- One (1) Grand Prize of a WhirleyPop Popcorn maker
- Top three (3) entries in each category will receive prizes as well
How to Enter
1. Purchase Norfolk County Popping Corn Contest Kit at any retail establishment listed below. (Your official entry form will be attached to the Contest Kit!)
- The Apple Place, Simcoe
- The Second Mouse Cheesetique, Delhi
- Wholesome Pickins, Delhi
- C-Squared, Port Dover
- Cashmere & Cobwebs, Port Dover
- C-Squared, Port Rowan
- Picard’s, Waterford
2. Create your seasoning and pop your popcorn! Entries will be received at the Norfolk Popcorn Party, Robinson Street (in front of the Strand Theatre), downtown Simcoe, Norfolk County on September 22nd, between 10am – 12pm.
3. Stick around to see if your custom flavouring will be awarded at 2 pm on September 22nd!
- Norfolk County popping corn must be used for seasoning contest provided in contest kit. Fill the form out in its entirety.
- Each entry must be filled in bag provided. Please fill bags at least ¾ full and seal.
- All ingredients for seasonings must be listed. Though allowed, major food allergens must be listed.
- Professional chefs are welcome to enter the separate Chef’s Popcorn Seasoning Contest. More info at r2rff.com
- The decision of judges is final.
- Entries will not be returned.