The Norfolk Popcorn Party at R2RFF is a street festival celebrating popcorn and the unique farming region in which we live. Norfolk County is Canada’s leading growing region of popping corn.
- Saturday, September 22, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Special thanks to the Townsend family of Norfolk County, growers of popping corn, for making this event possible.
- Popcorn Seasoning Contests
- Tastings and Voting for Best Chef’s Popcorn Seasoning – $1 per person to participate
- Kids’ Contests and Games
- Information and displays about popcorn and agriculture in Norfolk County
- Farm tractor and corn planter
- Fire truck and ambulance
- Plus … get your picture taken with our mascot Kernel Pops!
*Activities subject to change
- Popcorn Seasoning Contest (open to anyone)
- Chef’s Popcorn Seasoning Contest (open to chefs)
- Popcorn String Contest (open to anyone)
- Popcorn Fashion Contest (Kids 10 to 14)
- Colouring Contest (Kids 9 and under)
Volunteers: Norfolk Popcorn Party chair Brian Reichheld, Livia Townsend, Josh Reid, Amanda Van Schyndel, Mirjana Vucic, Liz Storoschuk, Tracy Haskett, Conlan McCann-Williams, Clark Hoskin.
- Ontario Popping Corn Co. (“Uncle Bob’s”) is one of our sponsors. They ship their quality popping corn product across Canada and around the world.
- Norfolk County / Government of Ontario
- Become a Sponsor and support this new event.