Why does this festival exist? The Routes to Roots Film Festival (R2RFF) is an annual showcase of local, national, and international film with an emphasis on themes of returning to roots, rural life, and connectedness. It exists to:
- engage audiences with award-winning, thought-provoking storytelling that may be unavailable elsewhere
- encourage new and emerging filmmakers
- celebrate Norfolk County as a place to visit, live and work
Where is the festival going? The Routes to Roots Film Festival (R2RFF) is an annual presentation of film with an emphasis on themes of returning to roots, rural life, and connectedness. Our long term goals are to:
- add value to the experience of the audience through interaction with industry professionals, the presentation of thought-provoking storytelling, and participation in film festival events
- encourage and support filmmakers of all levels through workshops and other activities, and facilitate mentorship opportunities
- facilitate a relationship between established industry professionals, filmmakers of all levels, and area youth
- include multiple venues, and events throughout the year
- embrace other art forms, and cultural activities
- include historical, current, and future technologies
More info coming soon!
R2RFF launched the film festival in 2017. There were several excellent films featured in the first year.